In MLS Laboratory
We are conducting research on Suisonia’s anti-glycation effect based on data from basic research and clinical trials.
We are conducting clinical research on the combined use of Suisonia with patients under hemodialysis session in the Republic of Seychelles, clinical research on patients with Chronic Obstructive Respiratory Diseases (COPD) at Peking Union Hospital in China.
Republic of Seychelles : RENASENSE Hospital
Target: Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5 (CKD5) Patients
Period: Annual data starting July 2018 (currently ongoing)
Glycation and Diabetes
- Glycation is a known factor that speeds up aging. Oxidization illustrate “rust” in our body. On the other hand, Glycation illustrates scorched caramel stuck in the body. When sugar present in blood vessel is more than the amount our body can process, it turns into a substance called Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGE).
- Glycation weakens cell structure, give negative effects to your internal organs which makes makes the body very sick.
- Glycation affects the structure of blood vessel and internal organ. As the inner wall of blood vessel weakens, inflammation in the affected are may occur, while the risk of arteriosclerosis is increases.
- Persistent chronic inflammation of beta-cells (β cells) in the pancreas caused by glycation.
- Impaired insulin secretion (insulin resistance).
Factors that causes diabetes and increase in HbA1c levels
About Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C)
Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) is substance found in blood vessel. This substance is a glycated hemoglobin, which forms when hemoglobin bonds with sugar present in the blood. HbA1c is a non-enzymatic Schiff base bond of glucose to valine at the N-terminal of the β-chain of hemoglobin A to form an aldimine, and further undergoes Amadori transfer to form a ketoamine compound. Because the dynamics of HbA1c are elevated in diabetes, it has clinical significance as an indicator of diabetes diagnosis and glycemic control.
About the cause of diabetes
The following three onset of diabetes causes are presumed while mainly involves glycation:
① Persistent chronic inflammation
② Decreased function of vascular endothelial cells
③ Decrease in immune function
Proper control of these factors can lead to normalization of HbA1c and even improvement of diabetes.
The possibility of anti-glycation effect of “Suisonia” resulting from anti-inflammatory effect
- Persistent chronic inflammation involves diabetes development. It’s presumed that diabetes increase substances that cause inflammation.
- A subject (healthy person) inhaled a vapor mixture gas containing hydrogen generated from suisonia (FRJ-003) “Suisonia”. After 90 minutes of inhalation, the dynamics of sCD62E, sCD62L, sCD44, and sCD54 (inflammation-related substances) were examined.
The anti-inflammatory effect of “Suisonia” has been confirmed. The suppression of persistent chronic inflammation suggests a possible anti-glycation effect (normalization of HbA1c) in diabetes.
Possibility of anti-glycation effect of “Suisonia” resulting from functional improvement (enhancement / stabilization) of vascular endothelium
- Inflammation and arteriosclerosis of vascular endothelial cells has been observed.
- It is presumed that substances closely related to vascular endothelial cells’ inflammation and arteriosclerosis are present in blood.
- The subject (healthy person) inhaled a gaseous gas mixture containing hydrogen produced from suisonia (FRJ-003). 90 minutes later, the behavior of substances related to vascular endothelial cells in blood. The substance sCD106 and nitrate ion enhanced as a result.
- On the other hand, ACE and sTie-2 suppressed (figure below). Vascular endothelial function improvements such as strengthening and stabilization resulting from Suisonia steam was observed.
Improvement of vascular endothelial function (strengthening / stabilization) by “Suisonia” was confirmed. Improving the function of vascular endothelium suggests a possible anti-glycation effect (normalization of HbA1c) in diabetes.
※This study results were obtained. Thanks to continued cooperation of Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, Institute of Immunology. Patent pending.
Presuming the possibility of immune enhancement resulting from Suisonia’s anti-glycation effect
- Diabetes patients generally has weakened immune system.
The subject (healthy person) who inhaled suisonia steam (a mixture of steam and hydrogen generated from Suisonia model FRJ-003) for 90 minutes secreted interleukin-1-beta (IL-1β), an immunomodulator in their saliva. Examination of the dynamics of type IgA (s-IgA) revealed an increase in salivary IL-1β and s-IgA (see below). It is observed that Suisonia steam is capable of enhancing immune system.
The immunity enhancing effect from Suisonia was confirmed, thus improving immune function suggests a possible anti-glycation effect (normalization of HbA1c) in diabetes.
More contents to come… Stay tuned…